Beautiful circular route over the village of Westerhofen, the Wittelsbacher Höhe with a magnificent view into the Iller Valley and the Oberstdorfer mountains as well as Schweineberg with the mountain cheese dairy.
The circular route in the heart of Ofterschwang leads across meadows, through forests, along a stream and over a scenic hilltop with an old tree on top. In Schweineberg you can pass the famous mountain cheese dairy.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. This tour takes you along a partially exposed ridge. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
Getting thereA7 bis Waltenhofen, auf die A980, Ausfahrt Sonthofen - Immenstadt, B19 nach Sonthofen und nach Ofterschwang
ParkingGästeinformation Ofterschwang oder in Schweineberg
Author’s map recommendations