A nice and easy walk around the Ofterschwanger Horn (mountaintop) with great views of the Allgäu Alps.
You can easily reach this lovely and family-friendly, prepared hiking trail with the Weltcup-Express 4-seater open cable car from the valley station in Ofterschwang to the mountain station or via the Ossi-Reichert-Bahn 8-seater cabin car from Gunzesried to the mountain station.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
Weather-adapted winter clothing and warm, waterproof hiking boots.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, to exit OA5 to Ofterschwang near Sonthofen or via Tiefenberg.
Free parking at the valley station Weltcup-Express in Ofterschwang or valley station Ossi-Reichert-Bahn in Gunzesried
Author’s map recommendations