A delightful hike near Ofterschwang over the village of Wielenberg and the Wittelsbacher Höhe near Schweineberg with a magnificent view of the Allgäu Alps and the upper Iller Valley.
This magnificent hike is made on prepared and cleared winter hiking trails over open terrain and through forests. Highlight is the view at the old Friedenslinde on the Wittelsbacher Höhe near Schweineberg.
In the mountain cheese dairy in Schweineberg you can buy many different delicious alpine cheese. Enjoy cozy atmosphere in the Bauerngasthof Café Mayr or in the Restaurant Waldhaus.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
Weather-adapted winter clothing and warm, waterproof hiking boots.
Via B19 in the direction of Oberstdorf between Sonthofen and Fischen at the traffic light crossing turn right via Tiefenberg to Muderbolz.
At the golf course Sonnenalp near Muderbolz
Author’s map recommendations