Small paths lead us over lush meadows, through one of the largest bog of the Allgäu and through the so-called fairy forst. The route offers beautiful views.
The round leads us past lush meadows, into the fairy forest. From the fglades, there are always great views of the Alpine mountains and the Hörner-Mountainrange. The small path leads back through the Tiefenberg bog to the starting point.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, until exit at "Alter Berg" near Tiefenberg between Sonthofen and Fischen.
Free parking on the outskirts of Tiefenberg.
Author’s map recommendations