Uphill-downhill, this round leads partly along the Iller River and offers many beautiful viewpoints.
This varied Nordic walking tour leads from the Oberzollbrücke near Ofterschwang passt the Sonthofer Lake to the Iller River. Follow this road for a short distance in the direction of Oberstdorf until Sigishofen. From here you go uphill with the forest path crossing the Wittelsbacher Höhe and on the other side downhill to Westerhofen and back to the starting point.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, until exit OA5 to Ofterschwang near Sonthofen. Drive through Sigishofen and in Westerhofen turn right to the "Oberzollbrücke".
Free parking in the village center of Oberzollbrücke
Author’s map recommendations