All the scenic highlights of Ofterschwang are presented to the Nordic Walker on this challenging and hilly circuit.
On this more challenging trail, we will get to know all the highlights of Ofterschwang. The trail leads through the nature trail to Hüttenberg, over the Sonthofer See and a short stretch along the Iller River, via Sigishofen and the forest path to the Wittelsbacher Höhe near Schweineberg and further on to Ofterschwang.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, to exit OA5 to Ofterschwang near Sonthofen or via Tiefenberg.
Free parking at the Weltcup-Express valley station in Ofterschwang
Author’s map recommendations