With information signs and stations on the natural development and cultivation of the cultural landscape.
A delightful walk along the nature trail through tranquil woods and meadows with beautiful views of the Allgäu Alps. Charts and interactive stations tell you about the origin of mountains by glaciers and ice age, about the Allgäu cultural landscape by cultivation, about the blue and green Allgäu and the advantages and disadvantages of spruce and mixed forests. Connect the walk with a visit to the mountain dairy in Hüttenberg. All dairy products come from own production.
Für eine leichtere Orientierung empfehlen wir Ihnen unseren Ortsplan von Ofterschwang oder die Wanderkarte der Hörnerdörfer, die Sie für 3,50 € in der Gästeinformation in Ofterschwang (Kirchgasse 1, 87527 Ofterschwang) erwerben können.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. This tour takes you along a partially exposed ridge. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
Getting thereThe journey to Ofterschwang is possible via the B19, with exit to Sigishofen at Sonthofen or further on south in Tiefenberg.
ParkingParking at the base station Weltcup-Express in Ofterschwang
Author’s map recommendations