Family-friendly circular route through the ancient and idyllic bog.
The bog is one of the most protected natural areas of our region, because you will experience a unique flora and fauna. 50 years ago the bog peat was used as a fuel. Individual peat bites are still to be seen today, although some places are already growing again.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
Festes Schuhwerk und etwas zu trinken.
Getting thereA7 bis Waltenhofen, auf die A980, Ausfahrt Sonthofen - Immenstadt, B19 nach Oberstdorf und Abfahrt zwischen Sonthofen und Fischen nach Ofterschwang.
Author’s map recommendations