Following the motto: "take the Allgäu by its horns, this route is the highlight for a fairly easy hike across the mountain back.
The tour can be started either from the mountain station of the Weltcup-Express in Ofterschwang or from the mountain station of the Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang. It leads over the ridge of Hörnerkette (mountain range). This tour offers spectacular panoramic views of the Allgäu Alps and is suitable for families.
Both lifts offer a combined ticket, which is cheaper than the corresponding ascent / descent to buy. You can, depending on the starting point take one of the two cable cars up and the other cable car back down.
You are hiking through the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
Getting thereA7 up to Waltenhofen, on the A980 exit Sonthofen - Immenstadt to the B19 and follow signs to the right either Ofterschwang or Bolsterlang.
ParkingWeltcup-Express base station (Ofterschwang) or base station of the Hörnerbahn (Bolsterlang)
Author’s map recommendations