Parking at the valley station of the Weltcup Express in Ofterschwang or Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang
If you are in good condition, you can of course do the 1.5 hours required for a climb up the "horns" by foot. From Ofterschwang, there are two possibilities. The moderate walk leads to the valley station of the Weltcup Express over to the Ofterschwanger house. Directly behind this, the trail leads up past the Hochbichlhütte and the Weltcup Hüttet to the mountain station of the Weltcup Express. From there, continue on the loop trail either way around the Ofterschwanger Horn (1406 m) to the Fahnengehrenalpe (1,350 m).
The more demanding climb directly to the Fahnengehrenalpe (open in summer only), begins south of the base station in Ofterschwang. Please note that this path is very steep (500 HM).
The ascent from Bolsterlang is best via the Sonderdorfer Kreuz past the Alpe Ornach (1300 m, open in the summer) and the middle station of the Hörnerbahn. This way is also very steep and acts partially as a fortified driveway.
The easiest and shortest option however, requires that you either take the 4-seater chairlift at the Weltcup Express to the mountain station (1325 m) to the foot of the Ofterschwanger horn, or with any of the 6-seater nacelles of the Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang up to the mountain ridge (1550 meters). The two cable cars offer a combination ticket.
If you start the tour in Bolsterlang, the path leads from the mountain station right up to the Weiherkopf (1665 m), the highest peak of the tour. Alternatively, take the path on the right below the Weiherkopf to the north. Following the panorama tour, you can now bypass the following horns or climb each - Rangiswanger Horn (1612m), Sigiswanger Horn (1527 m) and Ofterschwanger Horn (1406 m). At the end, a well paved loop trail leads you either way around the Ofterschwanger Horn. The path across the horns sometimes leads steeply uphill and downhill again. The much more popular route traverses on the east side of the mountain ridge.
will surely inspire you! Apart from the peaks of the Allgäu Alps - Hochvogel, Mädelegabel, Widderstein, Rotspitze, etc. - you will be able to look all the way onto the Tyrolean mountains in Austria. The best lookout points on the tour are the top of the Weiherkopf and the Rangiswanger and Ofterschwanger Horn.
can be done easily by bus from Bolsterlang to Ofterschwang or vice versa. Please inform yourself beforehand about the exact departure times of buses in the toursit information or at the the mountain railways.
The right equipment
for your tour consists of sturdy shoes and clothing appropriate to the weather. This tour takes you along a partially exposed ridge. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time
Refreshments along the route:
- Pizzeria Cortina at the valley station in Ofterschwang
- Schlitten Hütte at the valley station in Ofterschwang
- Wurzelhütte slightly upwards from the valley station in Ofterschwang
- Hochbichlhütte below the Weltcup-Hütte
- Weltcup-Hütte at the mountain station of the Weltcup-Express in Ofterschwang
- Fahnengehren Alpe between Ofterschwanger Horn and Sigiswanger Horn
- Hörni's Nest at the mountain station of the Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang
- Alpe Ornach at the middle station of the Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang
- Talhütte at the valley station of the Hörnerbahn in Bolsterlang
Total duration of the tour at a moderate pace:
- from the base station to base station: about 6h
- from hill station to station with all the mountain peaks: about 3h
- from Top station to station without mountain summit ascent: about 2 - 2.5 hours