A pleasant round trip with only a slight ascent and a magnificent view over Ofterschwang, the Iller Valley and the Allgäu Alps.
An extensive walk along the western and southern outskirts of Ofterschwang along mostly groomed winter hiking trails and magnificent views.
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, to exit OA5 to Ofterschwang near Sonthofen or via Tiefenberg.
Free parking at the valley station Weltcup-Express in Ofterschwang
Author’s map recommendations