A varied circular route from Ofterschwang to the Wittelsbacher Höhe near Schweineberg over meadows and through forests and with fantastic views.
The magnificent circular route in the heart of Ofterschwang leads over meadows, through forests, over a brook and to scenic hilltop with an old tree on it. Ideal for an evening sunset walk or a pleasurable walk during the day.
- View from the Wittelsbacher Höhe onto the Allgäu Alps
- Visit to the mountain cheese dairy in Schweineberg
Ofterschwang is located on the edge of the Nature Park Nagelfluhkette. A Nature Park is a protected landscape created by long-term use and cultivation. This valuable cultural landscape is to be preserved in its present form, but at the same time also to be used.
Please note the following recommendations:
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not go off the road.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please only camp on marked areas.
- Please do not resettle plants or animals.
- Please do not pick plants and flowers.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not collect stones or minerals.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not leave any rubbish.
- Please dispose of dog droppings in public dog kennels or at home
The right equipment for your tour consists of proper hiking boots and clothing appropriate to the weather. Take sun cream and water along. Note that you are in the mountains and weather changes can be expected at any time.
Getting thereA7 bis Waltenhofen, auf die A980, Ausfahrt Sonthofen - Immenstadt, B19 nach Sonthofen und nach Ofterschwang
ParkingGästeinformation Ofterschwang oder Talstation des Welctup-Express
Author’s map recommendations