The tour is not suitable for beginners, rather for endurance bikers with sufficient fitness and good driving skills.
In the beginning, the route leads through forests and mountain meadows up to Alpe Eck. It is easy to go downhill to the Geißrückalpe and down to the wonderful Oster Valley. The long way next to the Gunzesrieder Ach runs comfortably, it follows only a short distance upwards over the Hüttenberger Eck and from here it is also quite comfortably again back to Ofterschwang.
To avoid problems, we ask you to stick to the following code of honor:
- Only ride on paths! Please never cross country ver meadows, otherwise you harm nature.
- Do not leave any traces! Set your driving style according to the ground and the terrain.
- Keep your bike / mountain bike under control! Check your speed for each situation.
- Respect other nature users! Please make hikers ware of your passing. At narrow passages please climb off your bike.
- Take care of animals! Here in the Allgäu, all meadows are used as grazing for cows. Always close the gates.
- Plan in advance! Check your equipment, estimate your skills, and choose the area you want to go in. A helmet can protect, but is not life insurance.
The access to Ofterschwang is via the B19, with exit Sigishofen (OA5) at Sonthofen or via Tiefenberg.
Free parking at the Weltcup-Express valley station in Ofterschwang